auto ad

2014-01-19

IELTS SPEAKING PART 1 - Music

Music
1.    Do you often listen to music?
Seldom did I listen, because I aspire to achieve more when I am still young, so I kind of want to keep myself more assiduous than others. And the material I listen to when I am monkey around is BBC, in order to improve my English.
2.    How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
Well, I usually indulge myself with music only when I am completely free, so it’s hard to say on a daily basis, but by and large, I will listen more when I am on the vacation.
3.    Where do you listen to it?
Usually at home, while I am doing other trivial things like doing a light reading or tiding my stuff.
4.    How do you feel when you listen to this music?
I suppose it depends on the type of music I am listening to. Eg. If it is rock music then I would feel inspired, but if it is soft music, then it would leave me with a peaceful impression.
5.    Have you ever been to a musical performance?
I wish I could, but I didn’t have the chance.
6.    What musical instrument is most popular in China?
I suppose it would be guitar, but I am not sure about that since I didn’t pay too much attention to the musical area. It just left me with an impression that guitar is the most frequently seen on the entertainment programme.
7.    Which instrument would you prefer to study – the piano or the violin?
I suppose it would be piano, because my most favorite singer once accompanied herself on a piano, and it has a much more haunting melody than violin in my perspective.
8.    What benefits do children gain by studying music?
In comparison with me who had no exposure to music, I feel that those who studied music are more confident or outgoing than I am, probably because they need to perform publicly.
9.    Do you think it's important to learn to play a musical instrument?
Compared to basic surviving skills like your major or cooking, I hardly think so, but if you have already had a decent living standard, I reckon it would be beneficial to fill the gap in our knowledge of music, because it would extricate ourselves form the daily routine.
10.  Do you think schools should teach children how to play a musical instrument?
I suppose it would be better for schools to encourage students to do so as long as the instruments are provided freely by school or government, because some of them would be exorbitant high in price like piano.
11.  Is music an important subject at school in China?
I’m afraid not, especially in high schools, because students there are under intolerable pressure to prepare for their college entrance exams. And the number of successful candidates is the only criterion to gauge how good a school is in china, so subjects like music or P.E. are usually neglected by most educational institutions.
12.  Did you often listen to music when you were a child?
Not really, but it must have been much more frequent than I am now, because the older you grow, the more pressure you may suffer which would dictate people from their aspired life styles and do sth they don’t like.
13.  How does music affect people?
Inspirational music would motivate people and revive a positive spirit, whereas soft music would calm people down and extricate them from daily routines.
14.  Compare the music that young people like and the music that old people like.
By and large, I suppose young people would prefer modern music, whereas geriatric people would be fond of traditional music. But traditional music was once modern as well, so I suppose the age is not a variable in predicting the type of music people like within a long time.
15.  Why do many old people dislike pop music?

I suppose pop music would require more energy, because it motivates people to move according to the music and thus, usually they are too loud. Both of this is not what geriatric individuals would prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment