auto ad

2014-01-29

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Weekends

Weekends
1.    What do you do in your spare time?
I usually play computer or mobile phone games when I am completely free.
2.    What do you usually do on weekends?
Usually I will spend Saturday in library and the Sunday morning in the church.
3.    When do you spend time with your family?
When I was in china, we normally spend lunch time together, because my parents have to work while I need to attend school, so evening is the only time that we could meet on weekdays.
4.    What do other people in your hometown usually do on weekends?
Well, in china, Saturday is also the working day, and it is unpaid. I don’t know when it started, but I’m definitely sure that it is the fact now. And Sunday, most people would go shopping or hang out with friends.
5.    What are you going to do next weekend?
Probably I will do as usual, spend Saturday in library and the Sunday morning in the church.
6.    Do you feel that weekends are more important to you than when you were a child?
Yes, because when I was a child, everyday equals to weekend, since I didn't need to attend school, just monkey around. But after I grow up, that is the only time I could extricate myself from the daily routines like assignments or part-time jobs.
7.    Which do you prefer, Saturday or Sunday? (Why?)
Saturday, because Sunday leave me with a depressed feeling that it is about to usher in a new working day, while in Saturday I feel more relax because there is still another day to go.
8.    Would you say weekends are important to people?
Of course, even god needs a rest in the Sunday let alone people. And we do need a life, it would be better to balance work and life, in order to keep a jovial mood and good health.
9.    How does the average person in China spend his or her weekend?
Well, in china, Saturday is also the working day, and it is unpaid. I don’t know when it started, but I’m definitely sure that it is the fact now. And Sunday, most people would go shopping or hang out with friends.
10.  Do you know anyone who works at the weekend?
Well, in china, Saturday is also the working day, and it is unpaid. I don’t know when it started, but I’m definitely sure that it is the fact now. and apart from this, I suppose people who work in the service industry have to work on weekends as well like tourist guide, or even some doctors need to be on duty in case of emergency.
11.  Should people be working or resting on Saturdays and Sundays?
12.  Is it important for people to have weekends off?
I’d prefer to rest, because apart from work we have life as well, we need to balance them. And weekends provide us with a great opportunity to extricate us from daily routines, which is beneficial to our health as well.
13.  Should people be paid overtime for working at the weekend?
Yes, because people’s reward should match with their efforts, otherwise it’s a violation of people’s rights.


No comments:

Post a Comment