auto ad

2014-01-28

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Time

Time
1.    Would you say you are good at managing your time?
I would say yes, but I’m not good at sticking to the schedule.
2.    Do you wear a watch?
No, I feel it is redundant because the smart phone would be adequate.
3.    Do you think time is very important?
Yeah, definitely, I believe every minute counts. And I usually avoid monkeying around in order to be more productive.
4.    Do you think time management is important?
Yes, but I reckon that the ability to stick to what you have managed is more important. Because I usually formulate productive plans, but the real question is I could hardly implement it.
5.    Have you ever been late for anything?
Yes, it was in xxx, when I took the driving test, because I was extremely nervous last night so that I couldn’t fell asleep. Thus I got up late the next day. But fortunately, I finally arrived in time and sit the test.
6.    Were there any serious consequences when you were late?
Yes, because some of candidates decided to go there together, so if I were late, then all of other 3 candidates would have been affected as well.
7.    How do you feel when you are late?
I felt desperately sorry…. Even though they didn’t reproach me for this…
8.    When do you feel time moves fast?
I felt it elapse fast when I am absorbed into something. For example, when I am playing computer games, I felt deliriously happy and I could play that for a whole day even without meals.
9.    When do you feel time moves slowly?
I suppose that would be the time when I suffer from something. For example, when I was in primary school, I felt it excruciating painful to have math classes, and I checked my watch nearly every minute to see how long I had to bear. So at that time I felt it moves extremely slowly.
10.  If you could go back in time, would you do?
If I could go back without losing current memory or knowledge, then I suppose I would, because this indicates that I could change the past. However if I just go back both physically and mentally, then I don’t see any reason why I would like to do this, because interestingly, if this were the case, then I could argue the current I is the one who come from the future. So there would be no difference between future and now.
11.  Do you think punctuality is important?
Yes, definitely, because once you fail to be punctual, this not only affects yourself but also other people’s schedule. And I suppose this is nowhere more evident than the lawyer or doctors, who are as busy as bee
12.  What are some examples of occasions when it's important to be on time?
IELTS exam would serve a good case in point. The instruction clearly indicates that candidates who come after 8:30 will not be allowed to sit the test and more importantly, there would be no refund.
13.  How would you feel if the person you were waiting to meet with was not on time?
Well, actually I don't want to judge other people, because in Mathew god says: sawdust/ plank. So if I really have other things important, then I would give him/her a call to arrange another time.
14.  Do you think older people and younger people both have the same attitudes towards punctuality?
Well, I suppose yes, because the attitude towards punctuality doesn’t vary with age, but with what experience does one person has.
15.  Do you think parents should try to teach their children about time management?

Yes, because time is also an unrenewable resource, so we have to use it wisely, but more importantly, I believe that I would be more significant to teach their children how to stick to the schedule then have drawn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment