auto ad

2014-02-04

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Transport

Transportation
1.    How did you get to the test today? (What form of transportation did you use?
I got here by train, because for me that’s the most convenient way to arrive there.
2.    Why did you choose that form of transport?)
First of all, I don't have a car, so I have to take public transport. And trains are faster than the buses so it can save my time.
3.    Do you often use public transportation?
Yes, and I have no alternative, because I can’t afford a car.
4.    What kind(s) of transport do you usually use?
I suppose it would be train, every time I go to university I will take train, because it goes directly to my school, and is much faster than the bus.
5.    For you, what are the benefits (advantages) of using that form of transportation?
It is more convenient than buses, because it is faster
6.    Is it very expensive (= very dear)?
Well, as a passenger, I always hope it would be cheaper, but I suppose actually it is relatively cheaper than other means of transport.
7.    Is transportation very important where you live?
Yes, because I live in xxxx, a xxxx suburb which is far from xxxx, where I attain my school.
8.    What's the most common means of (= form of) transport in your hometown?
In my hometown, the most common transport is buses, because the subways are still under construction, and only limited residences have their private cars.
9.    What do you think of the transport conditions in your hometown? 
I would say it is a nightmare, especially during rush hours, when the buses are so congested that I feel I am about to stifle in an airless room.
10.  How do you think the transport system could be improved?
Well, I reckon the increase in number of buses during rush hours would be a plausible solution.
11.  Do you think transportation costs (gasoline, subway, bus & taxi fares, etc) are expensive in your hometown?
Not really, especially compared to Sydney, for example, I only need to pay 1 RMB for the bus in my hometown, whereas I need to pay a few dollars here.
12.  How has the transport system in your hometown changed in the past few decades?
Well, the conditions are largely improved. And government also attached attention to the exhaust gas emitted by the buses, which is detrimental to the environment.
13.  How do you think transport (in your hometown) will change in the future (or, in the next 20 or 30 years)?
Well, there are several lines of subways under construction, and the government may progressively improve the conditions of public transport
14.  In China, is transportation in the big cities the same as transportation in small towns and villages?

No, there is a huge disparity. For example, metropolitans like Beijing or shanghai have already developed a well-founded subway system, whereas in small towns or rural area, it is even hard to find a bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment