auto ad

2014-02-05

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Friends, Health, Concentration

Concentration
1.    Is it important to focus on things?
Yes, but I suppose the right direction and effective method would be more significant.
2.    When do people need to concentrate on things?
People focus on things when the thing they do is important, like the current exam now, otherwise there might be dire consequence.
3.    Is it easy to focus on things?
It depends on the environment I suppose. If the environment is quiet, and the person has finalised elaborate preparation, then I reckon it will be easier to concentrate on things.
4.    How can people deal with 2 different things at the same time?
Well, I suppose this cannot happen, because we only have one brain, so we always need to prioritise one thing to another.

Health
1.    What do you do to keep healthy?
Seldom did I do any sport to keep fit. And I have led a sedentary lifestyle for more than 10 years. I hope I could change once the IELTS is done.
2.    How do people maintain good health?
Most people do exercises like running or swimming, for me I’d prefer swimming because I don't like to sweat, and it would be better to my knees, compared to the intense pressure imposed on the joint when we run.
3.    What would you say is a "healthy lifestyle"?
Well, I suppose it would be keeping a balance diet, which contains both meat and vegetable, and then doing regular exercise rather than a sedentary lifestyle
4.    Is there any sport that you would like to try in the future?
I’d like to try Scuba diving, because I found it was fantastic, awesome, the experience was second to none.
5.    What activity that promotes good health?
One hour moderate exercise every day would be a decent choice I suppose, like jogging or swimming.

Friends
1.    Do you have many (close) friends?
Yes, I had, but we lost contact when we were sophomore, so we haven’t been in touch for more than 5-6 years.
2.    Are most of your friends from school (or university) or from outside school (or university)?
Most of my friends are my classmates, because I am introverted, so I don't have a wide circle of acquaintance outside school.
3.    Do you think friendship is important?
Of course, I heard that nearly half of the job opportunities are not posted on the job market but rather introduced by friends.
4.    Do you prefer to spend time with friends or spend time alone? (Why?)
I’d prefer to be alone, because I’m introverted, so I am not skilled at proceeding a topic, and don't know what to say when I am facing a lot of people.
5.    Are friends more important than family? (Why?)
I’m afraid not, because according to Chinese culture, the only thing that you can compete with the bond between family members is the interest of the whole nation. So I doubt this argument.
6.    What kind of people do you like to have as friends?
I’d prefer someone who is genuine, and it would be better if he or she is a devout Christian.
7.    If you had the opportunity, would you spend more time with your friends?
I’m afraid I’d prefer at home alone, because I’m introverted, and I feel more comfortable when I am alone, because I don't need to elaborate a topic to talk about.
8.    What do you and your friends do together?
Well, in senior high school, we’d prefer to go to the internet cafe to play online games.
9.    Do you prefer to meet your friends at home or away from your home?
Well, actually I don't have a strong preference with regarding to where to meet. I reckon both of the 2 locations are OK for me.
10.  How do you keep in contact with your friends?
For the current classmate, I would use mobile phones because it is much easier. But for my friends in china, I have to use e-mail or other means of telecommunication.
11.  Do you like meeting new people?
I’m afraid not, at least not now, because I’m introverted, and don't have any hobbies, so I always feel a lack of topic to talk to with other people, which may leave a bad impression.
12.  Do you like making friends with (a lot of) people?
I’d like to, but maybe not now, because I wish I could be more well-rounded, but now I’m introverted, and don't have any hobbies, so I always feel a lack of topic to talk to with other people, which may leave a bad impression.
13.  Do you like face-to-face conversations with people?
Well, if there is something important like purchasing a real estate, then I suppose yes, but if we are just exchanging pleasantries then I’d prefer to keep it on the phone to avoid the embarrassment due to my lack of words to say.
14.  Do adults and children make friends in the same way?
I suppose not, because adult usually strike up a friendship based on their personal interest. So for example, even though 2 people hold grudge with each other, but in order to maintain a beneficial relationship, they turn to be rather close. But seldom will this happen between children.
15.  Do you think it's possible to become real friends with the people you meet on the internet, for example, on chat sites or personal introduction sites?

I don't see why not, because whether 2 people could become friends depends on their nature or character, the way the meet or communicate doesn’t play an important factor here I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment