auto ad

2014-02-09

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Writing

Writing
1.    Do you often write things?
I’m afraid not, because of the highly developed technology. It even developed to such an extent that there are some application which can convert your voice into text. Thus seldom do I write anymore, except for taking notes on the lecture.
2.    What do you usually write?
The most common stuff I write would be the notes on the lecture, because it would be faster compare to typing.
3.    How often do you send e-mails?
Seldom do I send that, probably less than once a month. And actually the only time I would sent an e-mail would be contacting lectures via the mailbox university provides.
4.    What are your main reasons for using e-mails?
I use e-mail mainly for receiving mails, like the subscription of university news or domain.com in order to get information.
5.    Do you usually write by hand or write using a computer?
I normally write on a computer, because the electronic version is much easier to edit and store compare to hand writing. For example you can store your documents on an internet disk like skydrive or dropbox, which allows you to access them anywhere that internet is available.
6.    Do you think computers might one day replace handwriting?
I’m afraid not, because handwriting has the advantage of using symbolic characters to record something quickly, whereas I can only use predefined characters on a computer and it would be even more time consuming to switch from one language to another on a computer, which may miss some important points.
7.    When do children begin to write in your country?
Children in china probably start to write at the beginning of primary school, when we were six or seven years old.
8.    Do you think handwriting is very important (nowadays)?
Yes, of course. I reckon it is one of the criteria to gauge one country’s literacy.
9.    How can children today improve (or, practice) their handwriting?
Well, I suppose the fundamental education in primary school is obviously crucial for improving their handwriting, because I suppose hardly can anyone change their writing styles after they grown up.
10.  What impression does a person's handwriting have on other people?

Well, a neat, legible handwriting will absolutely leave the reader a better impression compared to the awful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment