auto ad

2014-02-10

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Cards & Dancing

Cards
1.    Do you ever receive letters or cards?
When I was a child, yes, I had. But after I grown up, never did I receive letter or cards except for the ones from bank or university.
2.    Do you receive many letters or cards?
I’m afraid not. The mails from bank or schools don’t come in burst, and usually once a semester.
3.    When was the last time you received a card?
I’m afraid never have I received card before, or at least I can’t ring the bell.
4.    Do you (ever) give cards to your friends?
5.    Have you ever given cards to your friends?
No…because 1st of all, I’m introverted, and don’t have a wide circle of acquaintance, then secondly, Chinese people seldom send cards to friends in general, so never have I sent a card to my friends.
6.    Which do you think is better, to send or receive a card or a letter?
Well, in terms of friendship, I suppose both of them are equally welcomed, because that would enhance the friendship. But if it is in terms of communication, then I’d prefer to contact by mobile phones, because it would be faster and more convenient.

Dancing
1.    Do you like to dance? (Why?/Why not?)
No, because first of all never did I dance before, so I don’t know how to dance. Then secondly, I’m introverted and dancing is sort of showing yourself, so I don’t think it complies with my character.
2.    Have you ever learned to dance?
No, because when I was young, the minds of Chinese people are much more conservative than they are today, so at that time public consensus believed that dancing was sort of amorous, and immaturity people were not allowed to enter those places like KTV or dancing hall/ ballrooms. So we never had a chance to learn how to dance.
3.    When was the last time you danced?
I suppose it would be sometime in the future, since never did I dance before.
4.    What kind of dancing do Chinese people like?
Well, actually, I don’t have much knowledge about dance, and in general Chinese people don’t dance, at least I don’t know anyone in my acquaintance who dances. So I’m afraid I have no idea about the answer of this question.
5.    Why do you think some (or, many) people like dancing?
Well, I suppose it would be a good way to release yourself, and extricate people from their pressures.
6.    Do you think there are any benefits for young people to go dancing?
Well, since there isn’t anything that is thoroughly bad, so I believe there must be some benefit for young people to learn dance, because at least they could doing it like an exercise.
7.    When do Chinese people like to dance?
Well, in general Chinese people seldom dance, especially in the past. But if they dance, I suppose it would be at night, because they have to work on the daytime.
8.    Does China have any traditional dances?
Yes, but these traditional dances usually focus on minority. And they differ from different ethnic.
9.    Is traditional dance still popular today in China? (Why?/Why not?)
I’m afraid not, because most Chinese people reckon that it would be more fashionable to dance in a modern way like jazz or something. And those traditional dances mainly remain in school.
10.  Is there much difference between traditional dancing and modern dancing?
Well, I don’t have a wide range of knowledge of dancing, but I suppose traditional dancing would be much gentler than its modern counterparts.
11.  What kinds of dancing are popular with young people in China?
Well, I’m not sure whether young people today are still not allowed to enter ballrooms as we were in the past. But if they could, I suppose they may mainly focus on modern dancing, but I can’t specify which type of dance they particularly like, due to my lack of knowledge of dancing.
12.  Do old people in China like the same kind of dancing as young people?
I suppose not, because at least geriatric people would much prefer the gentle dancing compared to young people.
13.  What do you think is the influence of dance on society?
Well, it may boost consumption, because it’s hard for you to dance all the time, so between the intervals you may purchase some drinks or dissert.
14.  Do you like to watch dance performances?
No, I won’t do it for all the tea in china, simply because I don’t like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment