auto ad

2018-12-01

Behaviour question: communicate with another person


    Have you ever had to “sell” an idea to your co-workers? How did you do it?
    Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).

I found that people tend to refrain from expressing their true feelings these days so it’s hard to tell whether someone really likes you or not. Everyone seems to be nice.

And I’m introvert so more often than not the content of my communication would be working-focused. So in that sense, I won’t let the personal preference to cloud my decision or way of communication.
For example, before the communication, I would like to put myself into others’ shoes so that I could know what he/she cares most and which way he prefers. And then I would think what the purpose of this communication is and keep focus. Also if it is an important communication, I would like to write an outline as a guide when communicating. And during the communication, I would check if what the counterpart understands is what I intended to express to ensure effectiveness, for instance I would like to give the counterpart a clear outline of what is about to be communicated, and after expressing each point, I would like to have a pause and ask if there is any question.

No comments:

Post a Comment