auto ad

2014-01-24

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Mobile Phone

Mobile Phones
1.    Do you have a mobile phone?
Yes, but it’s in my bag not with me.
2.    Is your cell phone important for you in your daily life?
I’m afraid yes, because its root is so embedded in our lives that I suppose hardly anyone could live without it. For example, our contacts, photos and even important personal info are all stored in the phone. There would be catastrophic consequences if we lost it.
3.    What do you use it for?
I could use it for assorted ways. For example, the basic application would be contact people, while the more advance one would be playing games through apps.
4.    How often do you use it?
Nearly every day I have to say, because even though there is no phone calls or messages, I usually check my mailbox via cell phone, since it is more convenient than using a computer.
5.    When did you get your first mobile phone?
I received my first cell phone when I was in senior high school, in order to facilitate my parents to contact me.
6.    How did you get your first mobile phone?
I obtained it from my mom, who had brought a new one, then give her older one to me.
7.    How did you feel when you got your first mobile phone?
I felt mildly excited, especially when I sent my fist message to one my classmates.
8.    Have mobile phones developed (or changed) in the past few years?
Definitely, just compare the previous black and white screen and the game of snake with today’s smart phones and those numerous apps, then we could discern how dramatically it has changed. And even x-plane 10, a virtual airplane game is now available on the app store.
9.    What feature (or, function) of your cell phone do you like the best?
I suppose it would be its operating system, which allows different applications to be installed, just similar to windows. So basically what could be done on the computer is now feasible to carry out on the phone.
10.  Is there anything you dislike about using cell phones?
The problem would centre on its radiation, and what I was told is that it is detrimental to our health. But it seems hard to avoid it because too many people are using it, so even though you stop using it, the radiation from other people’s phone will harm your health as well.
11.  Have you ever had any problems using your mobile phone while traveling?
Yes, the main problem is the limited capacity of battery. Because when traveling, it would be hard to find electronic access
12.  Do you usually use your mobile phone to call people or to send text messages?
Personally, I’d like to send texts, because I’m introverted, and not skilled at exchanging pleasantries, but when writing texts, it allows me more time to ponder to organise my wordings. So I prefer this way.
13.  Who do you usually call/send text messages to?
Since I’m introverted, so I don't have a wide circle of acquaintance, thus the people I usually contact to are my parents and a few of my good friends.
14.  Do you think you will be using your mobile phone more (than you use it now) in the future?
Yes, I suppose I will, because as the technology progressively developing, more and more functions will be available on the cell phones and a cell phone is much more portable than a laptop, thus it would facilitate my daily life.
15.  How do you think mobile phones will develop (or change) in the future?

I suppose it will firstly simulate the functions of a laptop, and then to display some originality. But the essence or the aim would be to facilitate people’s lives, like synthesizing different functions together, such as remote controller or MP3 etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment