auto ad

2014-01-27

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Museum

Museums
1.    Are there many (or, any) museums in your hometown?
Well, there might be 2 or 3, but I’m not sure, because seldom did I go there.
2.    Do you think museums are useful for visitors to your hometown/country?
I suppose the usefulness is limited, because compared to museums I’d prefer documentaries, but since I hardly went there, so my opinion might be biased.
3.    Do you often visit a museum?
Seldom did I go there, because personally I can’t find anything meaningful in those materials.
4.    Did you go to any museums when you were a child?
Yes, when I was in primary school, my school organised a tour in one of the museums in my hometown, but I only have a vague memory about that.
5.    When was the last time you visited a museum?
The last time I went to a museum was in my primary school which is organised by the school.
6.    Do you think museums are important?
As for me, I suppose not, because seldom did I go there, and I could live without it.
7.    Do you think it's suitable for museums to sell things to visitors?
I suppose it would be quite common for museums to sell some souvenirs, so if this complies the law, then I reckon it would be acceptable.
8.    What do you think is the role of museums and art galleries?
I suppose their roles would be educate or instruct people the culture or history of local community. But I don't reckon this is the best way to realise this goal. Because from my experience, I believe watching documentaries would be easier to acquire and remember the knowledge.
9.    Which kind of art do you think is more important, the art we see in the cinema or the art we see in art galleries and museums?
I believe that both of these 2 kinds carry a certain degree of importance. But personally I’d prefer the art in cinema, because I feel it is easier for me to acquire the knowledge compare to the static materials displayed in the museum.
10.  Do you think going to museums and art galleries is beneficial for children?
Yes, compared to playing computer games it would be much more beneficial
11.  Do schools in China have excursions to museums?
Yes, when I was in primary school, we had an excursion to the museum nearby, but I only have a vague memory of that, since it was more than 10 years ago.
12.  Do you think teachers should take their students on visits to museums?

Well, I don't see why not, because compare to textbooks, it would be more realistic, as long as this is necessary according to the curriculum and doesn’t affect their teaching schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment