auto ad

2014-02-11

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Home

Housework
1.    Do people in your country do much housework?
I reckon this may vary with different families, but in general Chinese people prefer to keep a house clean, so I suppose there might be much domestic chores everyday.
2.    In your home, who does the housework?
Usually my mom, because it’s kind of Chinese culture that females do more housework than their male counterparts.
3.    Do you do much housework?
I’m afraid not, I’d prefer to tidy things on a particular day in one week or even one month, which could extricate from the day-to-day chores.
4.    What housework do you like to do?
Well, all sorts of things are ok. I don’t have a strong preference.
5.    What housework did you do when you were a child?
The most frequent one would be cleaning the floor or tiding my desk, because these would be the only things I could do due the limited age.
6.    Do you think children should do housework?
Yes, because they are the members of the family as well, and this may help them to develop a good habit.
7.    Do you feel people in your country have enough time to do housework?
I’m afraid not, because Chinese people today are under much more pressure than they were before due to the progressively increasing living cost.
8.    Do you think people like doing housework by themselves?
10.  Do you like to do housework?
Well, I suppose seldom would people like to do domestic chores by themselves, but rather they were dictated to do that due the lack of money to hire other people to do it.
9.    Do you usually do any housework?
I do, but it is on a weekly or monthly base, which I suppose could be argued as ‘usually’.
11.  What housework do you least like doing?
I suppose it would be cleaning the window, because they are too high for me to reach the top, so I have to stand on a chair, and move the chair every time I move to the next one.
12.  If a child helps do some of the family housework, how do you think this affects the child's development?
I believe this is good for them to develop a good habit, because everyone likes to live in a tidy room, which in turn would evoke a cheerful mood.
13.  What do you do to help the family?
Well, I would spend less in order to reduce the financial pressure on placed on my family.
14.  Have there been any changes in the housework people do since the time when your parents were your age?
Well, the work would probably remain the same, but the tools we use are more advance than they were. For example, in the past, they usually swept the floor while now we usually using an electric dust collector.
15.  Do you think people should be paid to do household chores?

If they are cleaning other people’s house, then definitely they should be paid, but if they just tidy their own house, I’m afraid there won’t be any difference between paying or not paying.

No comments:

Post a Comment