auto ad

2014-02-06

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - Hometown

Hometown
1.    Where do you come from?
Picturesque city of china
2.    What tourist attractions are there in your hometown? Would a foreign visitor enjoy them?
I’m afraid there aren’t many historical attractions compared to Beijing, but considering it’s a seaside city I suppose some inland foreigners would also enjoy it.
3.    Did you learn much about the history of your hometown in school?
Well, I can’t ring the bell, but I know it was once the colony of xxx, but thanks to xxxx, the infrastructure like drainage system still remains excellent today.
4.    What do you think needs to change in your hometown?
8.    What do you think needs to be done to make your hometown a better place to live in?
Traffic in my hometown is a nightmare. It seems easy to build up every time it rains. So the change of traffic situation is a must.
5.    What place(s) in your hometown do you go to in your spare time?
Well, even though I’m free, I would prefer to stay at home, partly due to my introverted character, and the exorbitant price is also attributable to my home-based lifestyle.
6.    Why did you choose to live here/there?
Well, actually I had no choice, because my parents born me there, but probably I would like to work in the metropolitans like beijing or shanghai, where I suppose I could pursue a much more promising life.
7.    What do you like about your hometown?
I like the climate there, thanks to its close proximity to the sea, it is neither too hot in the summer nor is it too cold in the winter. Roughly speaking it’s pretty much like the weather in Sydney.
9.    For you, what benefits are there to living in a big city?
Living in a big city you can have better health care and better education for children. Also, you won't get bored during weekends. Moreover, you may have a lot of opportunities for career.
10.  What facilities does your hometown have?
My hometown is by the seaside so we have several beaches and sections of rocky coastline within a mile of the town centre. And the subway system is under construction. Apart from this, the facilities for education and health care are also available here.
11.  What sorts of buildings are there in your hometown?
Typical buildings here are those tall, stone looking ones which are boring without much architectural creativity. But there are also some gothic architecture which I suppose is built by the xxxx.
12.  What's the most attractive part of your hometown?
I suppose it would be the long stretches of unspoilt coastline.
13.  What forms of transport do visitors use to come to your hometown?
Anything you want. You can come here by plane, by train and by bus.
14.  How could your hometown attract more visitors?
Improving the environment and making the public transportation better will attract more visitors to come. Also, local people's hospitality will make visitors feel more comfortable.
15.  Has the weather in your hometown changed much in recent years?

No comments:

Post a Comment