auto ad

2014-02-12

IELTS SPEAKING PART1 - School

Schools
1.    What was the first school you attended?
Jiangsu road primary school, which is located near the place where my mom works in, in order to facilitate me to have lunch at that time
2.    How old were you when you started school?
I was six years old, and this is the normal age for children to start their primary education.
3.    Where did you go to school?
4.    Where was it?
6.    Was it far from your home?
It’s far from where we lived, but was in close proximity to the place where my mom works, in order to facilitate me to have lunch at that time.
5.    Tell me something about the school.  (= Can you describe it?)
Well, it could be argued as a historical relic, it would be gothic maybe, but I barely have any knowledge of architecture, so I just guessed.
7.    How did you go to (or, travel to) school?
My dad would usually give me a lift, because I was too young to take public transport alone.
8.    Did you like it?
9.    What were the good things about that school?
10.  Would you say it was a good school?
Yes, it is collectively believed to be one of the best primary schools in my hometown.
11.  Would you send your child to that school today?
I wish I could, but it will hinge on the school policy regarding the enrollment to see whether my child will be qualified.
12.  What different types of schools have you been to?
Well, in the past, there were no private schools in china, so we all went to public schools. Thus what I had been to was primary school, high school, and tertiary school.
13.  Which school did you like the most? (Why?)
Primary school I suppose, because there was little pressure there. We don’t need to sit in any test to enter high school, so it was a fairly happy time.
14.  Did your parents choose your secondary school (= high school) for you?

No, according to the policy at that time, pupils were assigned to a particular secondary school according to the geographical location of their primary school. So it was the government rather than parents who made the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment